Thursday, January 20, 2011

Registered!

In my efforts to get this writing thing off the ground, I've been exploring my options quite a bit.  I was planning to take some classes on Professional Editing and Technical Writing at Bellevue College.  I was poking around on the website a bit, and found the requirements for a Certificate in Technical Communications.  The classes I wanted were listed, plus a couple extra.  Hey, I thought, why not go the whole hog and get the Certificate?  Can't hurt, right?  I figure it will improve my chances down the road.  Employers love it when you can wave a piece of paper in their face.
Turns out they have a free meeting in March called "Technical Communication Programs Information Session."  So I went ahead and signed up for it.  Time to get this show on the ROAD.  And as soon as my tax refund comes in I'm going to start working my way down the list.  I also figure I can start poking around even if I haven't completed the full certificate yet.  From what I can tell, they appear to be one day a week, evening courses.
You guys!! I can make this work!! Do you know how excited I am right now??  I wish I could start tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment